Cern está buscando un bibliotecario experto en repositorios con un profundo conocimiento de la comunicación académica.
Entidad: CERN – European Organization for Nuclear Research.
Lugar: Ginebra (Suiza).
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of library and information science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated repository experience, preferably in an academic environment.
- Track-record with work-flow design (submission forms, harvesting, integration with third party services).
- Familiarity with data exchange protocols.
- Experience in dealing with copyright and licenses issues .
- Library and documentation management.
- Digitizing collections.
- Digital curation: a deep understanding of data structures and formats (JSON, MARCXML).
- Achieving results: dividing extensive work/projects into manageable sub-tasks with clearly defined milestones; having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer; proposing ways to improve or streamline existing procedures, processes and methodologies.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
- Communicating effectively: ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented.
- Spoken and written English: ability to draw up technical texts.
- Basic knowledge of French or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
As a Repository Librarian in the Library Section, together with senior members of the team, you will act as the main liaison between the library and the CERN experiments with regard to ingestion of the scientific production in the repositories. In addition, you will supervise and operate the harvesting of metadata and files from external systems and participate in the curation and enrichment of the data, give input to the design/revision of submission forms and the corresponding data structure, coordinate digitization of legacy content, take part in regular library operations; and have the opportunity to support and mentor the junior cataloguers at the core of the team.
More specifically, as a Repository Librarian in the Library Section, you will:
- Take responsibility for the entire ingestion and curation of the CERN scientific output in the institutional repository (CDS).
- Take part in the cross-laboratories curation team, operating the Inspire repository and participate in its coordination.
- Contribute to the documentation of procedures, design of workflows and definition and evolution of data structures.
- Monitor the ingestion workflows for new and existing service features.
- Articulate technical solutions and ensure compliance with CDS and Inspire requirements.
- Coach junior cataloguers to curate documents in accordance with modern standards and methods.
- Participate as needed in standard library operations and services.
Fecha límite candidaturas: 02/06/2019
Jornada: No especificada.
Contrato: 5 años.
Salario: No especificado.