The British Library está buscando tres catalogadores / investigadores para trabajar en un nuevo proyecto. Se trata de digitalizar manuscritos del periodo que abarca del 1500 al 1650.
Entidad: The British Library
Lugar : Londres (Reino Unido)
Plazas : 3
They will have specialist knowledge of early modern manuscripts, and a strong knowledge of early modern palaeography, with the ability to read early modern English handwriting fluently. Experience of cataloguing or describing early modern manuscripts is essential, as is a high level of time-management and organisational skills.
- To undertake research on and catalogue English manuscripts dating from c. 1500–1650.
- To input information into the Library’s manuscripts cataloguing system.
- To review and update existing catalogue descriptions to reflect recent research, checking details against other international databases and publications and adding bibliographies to the records. To add authority-controlled data, for example for people, places or subjects.
- To assist and answer queries from staff undertaking quality control of digital images.
- To assist in preparing the digital images for online publication, ensuring that all requisite metadata is captured accurately.
- To write blog posts and tweets and undertake other promotional activities to raise the profile of the digitised collections with specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- To demonstrate a willingness to take on a range of tasks and to develop new skills, as appropriate, in own or other departments/directorates to support the delivery of the Library’s services..
Successful candidates will have a post-graduate degree, or its equivalent, in early modern English/British history or literature, or another directly relevant field.
Jornada : Full time
Contrato : Fixed term contract roles, funded until 31 March 2020.
Sueldo : No espeficicado
Referencia : 02315.
Plazo de presentación de solicitudes:
The closing date is 30 September. Interviews will be held on 15 October.
Full details of the position and how to apply are available here.
Fuente : British Library