The Folger Shakespeare Library, is seeking an experienced Electronic Resources Librarian (ERL) for a one-year Project.
Entidad: The Folger Shakespeare Library.
Lugar : Capitol Hill (Washington, D.C.).
Plazas : 1.
- Our ideal candidate will have a Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program or equivalent experience, and at least 3 years of experience implementing and maintaining electronic serials records in an academic library or research environment.
- Experience with serials management and technical troubleshooting is required.
- Candidates should be familiar with current and best practices relating to electronic serials, and be fluent in industry standards associated with these resources.
- Candidates should be able to effectively communicate with technical experts as well as first-time researchers.
- Additionally, this position may require the ability to safely lift/carry rare materials, climb ladders, and push fully loaded book trucks.
- For a one-year project to evaluate and inventory current serials, research the availability of an electronic format for current and archived serials, and transition subscriptions to electronic format.
- This individual will set up a structure for the ongoing management of electronic serials resources throughout their life cycle, including procurement and trials, license review, cataloging, access management, renewals, and cancellations.
- The ERL will work with colleagues across divisions to negotiate licensing agreements, integrate resources into our catalog, and troubleshoot access problems. This is a full time one year salaried position with a generous benefits package.
Candidaturas : Enviar CV y carta de presentación a la siguiente dirección http://www.folger.edu/employment-opportunities.