The EUI Library supports research at the Institute with a team of 20 librarians and information specialists. Over forty years of investment in collections, services and infrastructure have resulted in an internationally recognised social science research library, valued for its multi-national character and the high quality of its collections with a special emphasis on Europe.
Empresa: European University Institute
Lugar: Florencia, Italia
The EUI has open a hiring process to contract an Open Science Librarian who first objective will be contributing to the development of the Open Access content and services: preservation, dissemination, discovery and enhanced analytics.
• Contributing to the development of the Open Access content and services: preservation, dissemination, discovery and enhanced analytics
• Supporting the EUI community with services, outreach and instructions related to scholarly communication and publishing, including copyright and permissions, author rights, research impact
• Providing support and creating communication tools for library information specialists in line with the team’s activities
• Participating in relevant library working groups with focus on the researchers’ needs
• Dealing with external publishers and staying abreast of developments in the publishing area
• Coordinating communication events related to the activities of the team
• Performing other related duties as required
- A level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma, or
- A level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to higher education, followed by at least three years of professional experience relevant to the nature of the duties. This professional experience will be part of the diploma and will not be taken into account in the required numbers of professional experience under 3.2.2.
- By the deadline for applications, and in addition to the qualifications required above, candidates must have at least five years of relevant professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma required under 3.2.1.
- Main language: have a thorough knowledge of one official language of the European Union; and
- Second language: a satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of the duties.
- University degree or specialised training in Library and/or Information Sciences or other relevant fields
- At least five years’ professional experience of working in scholarly communication and publishing
- Knowledge of and experience in working with bibliometrics and copyright (including Creative Commons)
- Work experience in an academic or research environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (CEFR level: C1 or above).
- Experience with DSpace, other Repository software and Current Research Information System (CRIS)
- Understanding of research support needs, research data and metadata, as documented by relevant experience
- Knowledge of internationally established standards and practices: cataloguing rules (e.g. AACR, RDA), indexing systems (e.g. DDC, LC Subject heading), and MARC and metadata standards (e.g. Dublin Core) and identifiers (eg. DOI, ORCID etc.)
- Knowledge of additional EU languages.
Tipo de contrato : Temporal.
Duración: 3 años, renovable por otros 2.
Fecha limite candidaturas: 3 de septiembre 2018
Fuente y candidatura: European University Institute