Se convocan prácticas para graduados en información y documentación o similares para bibliotecas de la ONU en Viena.
Lugar: Viena (Austria)
- Posting Title: INTERN – Library Services, United Nations Library and the UNCITRAL Law Library Vienna (2 posts), I (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: INTERN – INFORMATION MANAGEMENT.
- Department/Office: UNITED NATIONS OFFICE AT VIENNA.
- Posting Period: 10 March 2017 – 23 March 2017.
- Job Opening Number: 17-Documentation and Information -UNOV-75976-J-Vienna (T).
- Staffing Exercise: N/A.
Duracción: 2 meses.
Remuneración: Prácticas no remuneradas.
Plazo: hasta el 23 de marzo.
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
- Degree Programme (What are you currently studying?).
- Graduation Date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?).
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- List your top three areas of interest.
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
- Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
Org. Setting and Reporting:
The internships with the United Nations Library and the UNCITRAL Law Library in Vienna are for two months starting in May 2017 with an opportunity for extension, pending the needs of the department.
The internships are UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (40 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
The UNOV Library provides full library and information services to the staff of the United Nations units and Permanent Missions in Vienna. The collection focuses on issues related to drugs and crime, outer space affairs, as well as translation and interpretation. We also house an extensive collection of UN official documents and publications. More information is available at: http://www.unvienna.org/unov/library.html
The UNCITRAL Law Library serves the Secretariat and delegates of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law. It houses one of the largest multi-lingual trade law collections in Europe. More information is available at: http://www.uncitral.org/uncitral/publications/library.html
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period for the intern. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with reference and client services.
- Collections maintenance.
- Digitization projects.
- Website maintenance.
The United Nations Core Competencies include:
- Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be ‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- (a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above). and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.