The Licensing and Electronic Resources Librarian serves as the Hesburgh Libraries primary contact with the University’s General Counsel. Regarding resource licensing and interpretation; advising the Unit Head and other colleagues by reviewing and recommending approval or changes in terms that align with evolving service needs and campus requirements.
Entidad : University of Notre Dame
Lugar : Indiana, EE.UU
Plazas : 1
- MLS degree from ALA-accredited program or non-U.S. equivalent.
- 1-3 years negotiating library resource license agreements and document management.
- Experience supporting the electronic resources lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of or experience coordinating the full electronic resource life-cycle.
- Ability to take a leadership role in group activities. Knowledge of systems that support electronic resource management, access and discovery.
- Proven success in communicating with stakeholders and team members, patrons and content providers.
- Commitment to the divisional values.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and set priorities in a time-sensitive environment.
Seguir leyendo Licensing and Electronic Resources Librarian (University of Notre Dame)
ITU is looking for a Electronic Resources Librarian to provide a range of reference, collection management and outreach services for the Service’s collections of information resources.
Entidad/Empresa: Unión Internacional de Telecomunicaciones (UIT) / International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
Lugar: Ginebra (Suiza)
- Duties / Responsibilities:
Under the regular supervision of the Head, Information Management Service (IMS), the incumbent (Electronic Resources Librarian) is responsible for providing a range of reference, collection management and outreach services for the Service’s collections of information resources. The incumbent performs the following duties:
- Proposes proactively and efficiently implements policies, procedures, objectives and guidelines for the development and management of the Information Management Service’s collection(s) of information resources in all formats.
- Coordinates corporate and individual subscriptions to electronic resources, which includes liaising with vendors regarding subscription agreements and technical issues, providing access to end users, and troubleshooting.
- Catalogues and classifies ITU information, such as publications and key document series, and external information in various formats in accordance with accepted standards using the integrated library system.
- Provides reference and research services to ITU staff, delegates and the general public.
- Conducts outreach activities to increase awareness of the IMS and its resources, improve client use of desktop information resources, and provide tools to meet the information needs of specific client groups.
- Implements new technologies in information management to ensure that IMS staff and clients have up-to-date tools for efficient access to information.
- Advises other units in content organization and information and knowledge sharing.
- Gathers statistics and evaluatues the adequacy of the Service’s tools and collections to meet client requirements.
- Maintains contact with associations, networks and initiatives in the library and information management field and attends relevant conferences and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Seguir leyendo Electronic Resources Librarian (ITU)