The unit provides WHO (World Health Organization) staff with a range of tools and services needed for the organization to remain a leading norm and standard setting institution. The WHO has begun a staff selection process to hire a Metadata/Systems Librarian.
Entidad: HQ/SPI Strategy, Policy and Information.
Lugar: Primary Location: Switzerland-Geneva.
- Essential: A first level university degree in the field of library or information science or in a substantively related field, ideally supplemented by an advanced degree in library science.
- Essential: – Professional experience in library work for a minimum of 5 years at the national level with some international experience. A minimum of 3 years of intensive experience with automated library systems….
- Knowledge of automated information systems as applied in libraries and/or information networks.
- Familiarity with version control software
- Familiarity with conceptual and practical knowledge of the technologies used to manage and access e-resources including best practices for managing the records that track electronic purchases, subscriptions, and licenses.
- Deep understanding of the technologies and processes of online information provision and access as well as excellent knowledge of database and internet related tools.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills and ability to make sound judgements and take decisions.
- Demonstrated capacity for both working independently and as part of a team; relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds; good interpersonal skills.
- Good capacity to work under pressure with ability to face unexpected and urgent issues.
- Excellent knowledge of a database software supporting information references.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Excellent knowledge of XML.