La biblioteca del Tribunal de Justicia de la Unión Europea está buscado un systems librarian (bibliotecario de sistemas)
Entidad/Empresa: Tribunal de Justicia de la Unión Europea.
Descripción (en inglés):
The Library Directorate of the Court of Justice of the European Union is seeking a systems librarian. The successful candidate would be recruited as a temporary agent (grade AD 5).
Nature of the duties:
The duties to be performed aim at ensuring, in close cooperation with Library users, the Directorate for Information Technologies and, where necessary, with other institutions, the optimal functioning of current and future software tools, the development of online resources and the monitoring of technological developments with regard to software in the field of library science and bibliographical research.
Tasks related to the library management system:
– Management and maintenance of the current library management system (SirsiDynix Symphony) until its replacement by a new system.
– Participation, as part of the modernisation of the Library’s online tools, in work to identify a new library management system adapted to the needs of users.
– Planning, coordination and supervision of the migration of the current library management system to a new system.
– Configuration and management of the new library management system in order to address the specific needs of users.
– Supervision of the maintenance of the new library management system.
– Installation, configuration and testing of updates to the new system, taking account of the needs expressed by users.
– Configuration of the new system to allow the import and export of bibliographic data such as data recorded in the MARC format.
– Supervision of user training.