ITU is looking for a Electronic Resources Librarian to provide a range of reference, collection management and outreach services for the Service’s collections of information resources.
Entidad/Empresa: Unión Internacional de Telecomunicaciones (UIT) / International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
Lugar: Ginebra (Suiza)
- Duties / Responsibilities:
Under the regular supervision of the Head, Information Management Service (IMS), the incumbent (Electronic Resources Librarian) is responsible for providing a range of reference, collection management and outreach services for the Service’s collections of information resources. The incumbent performs the following duties:
- Proposes proactively and efficiently implements policies, procedures, objectives and guidelines for the development and management of the Information Management Service’s collection(s) of information resources in all formats.
- Coordinates corporate and individual subscriptions to electronic resources, which includes liaising with vendors regarding subscription agreements and technical issues, providing access to end users, and troubleshooting.
- Catalogues and classifies ITU information, such as publications and key document series, and external information in various formats in accordance with accepted standards using the integrated library system.
- Provides reference and research services to ITU staff, delegates and the general public.
- Conducts outreach activities to increase awareness of the IMS and its resources, improve client use of desktop information resources, and provide tools to meet the information needs of specific client groups.
- Implements new technologies in information management to ensure that IMS staff and clients have up-to-date tools for efficient access to information.
- Advises other units in content organization and information and knowledge sharing.
- Gathers statistics and evaluatues the adequacy of the Service’s tools and collections to meet client requirements.
- Maintains contact with associations, networks and initiatives in the library and information management field and attends relevant conferences and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.