The unit provides WHO (World Health Organization) staff with a range of tools and services needed for the organization to remain a leading norm and standard setting institution. The WHO has begun a staff selection process to hire a Metadata/Systems Librarian.
Entidad: HQ/SPI Strategy, Policy and Information.
Lugar: Primary Location: Switzerland-Geneva.
- Essential: A first level university degree in the field of library or information science or in a substantively related field, ideally supplemented by an advanced degree in library science.
- Essential: – Professional experience in library work for a minimum of 5 years at the national level with some international experience. A minimum of 3 years of intensive experience with automated library systems….
- Knowledge of automated information systems as applied in libraries and/or information networks.
- Familiarity with version control software
- Familiarity with conceptual and practical knowledge of the technologies used to manage and access e-resources including best practices for managing the records that track electronic purchases, subscriptions, and licenses.
- Deep understanding of the technologies and processes of online information provision and access as well as excellent knowledge of database and internet related tools.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills and ability to make sound judgements and take decisions.
- Demonstrated capacity for both working independently and as part of a team; relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds; good interpersonal skills.
- Good capacity to work under pressure with ability to face unexpected and urgent issues.
- Excellent knowledge of a database software supporting information references.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Excellent knowledge of XML.
Performs analysis, remediation, and normalization of metadata in the Research4Life content management system and discovery layer and applies basic programming and scripting skills in support of the technical requirements and production needs for metadata creation, conversion, enhancement, and maintenance including crosswalks; develops and/or customizes applications and tools for automation and innovation. (25%)
Coordinates and assists in the creation of specifications for new programs and system enhancements related to core content applications; establishes and administers project plans and schedules and transitions newly implemented environments to production status by coordinating, testing, documentation creation and training; manages related communication. (20%)
- Oversees technology systems and services of the Research4Life and WHO Library applications; manages and coordinates upgrades, enhancements, new release installations, and special projects; coordinates and monitors environment and applications to ensure reliable performance, data integrity, and timely and accurate completion of processes which include, but are not limited to: application configuration, database loads, data extracts and transfers, the creation of database statistical reports. (20%)
- Develops strategies, service goals and functional requirement plans for Research4Life and WHO Library applications; investigates new products and technologies and conducts evaluation and/or proof of concept work to better understand requirements and solution design; implements solutions to best serve the community in line with needs; develops documentation and procedures; develops training materials and provides training. (16%)
- Consults with application users and product support to diagnose and resolve complex problems; provides operational support for investigating and resolving both application and user issues; develops troubleshooting and problem resolution processes to ensure a high level of service and efficiency; influences and collaborates with application users and product support to maximize the delivery of service and efficiency. (12%)
Performing other duties, including in the larger unit or department as required or instructed. (7%).
- Contract duration: 2 years, Full-time
- Salario: an annual base salary starting at USD 58,583.
Fuente y plazo:
- Plazo del 29 de sept al 27 de octubre.
- Fuente e inscripciones: World Health Organization.