La biblioteca del Tribunal de Justicia de la Unión Europea está buscado un systems librarian (bibliotecario de sistemas)
Entidad/Empresa: Tribunal de Justicia de la Unión Europea.
Descripción (en inglés):
The Library Directorate of the Court of Justice of the European Union is seeking a systems librarian. The successful candidate would be recruited as a temporary agent (grade AD 5).
Nature of the duties:
The duties to be performed aim at ensuring, in close cooperation with Library users, the Directorate for Information Technologies and, where necessary, with other institutions, the optimal functioning of current and future software tools, the development of online resources and the monitoring of technological developments with regard to software in the field of library science and bibliographical research.
Tasks related to the library management system:
– Management and maintenance of the current library management system (SirsiDynix Symphony) until its replacement by a new system.
– Participation, as part of the modernisation of the Library’s online tools, in work to identify a new library management system adapted to the needs of users.
– Planning, coordination and supervision of the migration of the current library management system to a new system.
– Configuration and management of the new library management system in order to address the specific needs of users.
– Supervision of the maintenance of the new library management system.
– Installation, configuration and testing of updates to the new system, taking account of the needs expressed by users.
– Configuration of the new system to allow the import and export of bibliographic data such as data recorded in the MARC format.
– Supervision of user training.
Tasks related to the development of online resources:
– Identification of the most appropriate technical solutions to ensure the optimal use of online resources (around 2,700 software applications), their implementation and their updating.
– Planning and supervision of the configuration of a discovery tool taking account of the needs expressed by users and setting-up of updates.
– Resolution of problems related to the use of databases.
– Supervision of user training.
These duties require the ability to integrate easily into an international team, to adapt to the requirements of users and to meet challenges related to the evolution of software tools.
– Candidates must have a level of education which corresponds to a complete cycle of university studies at master’s level, a diploma of advanced studies or a diploma of higher specialised studies, preferably combining knowledge in librarianship with a specialisation in the management of library management systems. For example, a master’s degree in library and information science with a specialisation in scientific and technical information or a master’s degree or a postgraduate engineering degree in computer science with a specialisation in document management. Candidates may also be eligible to apply if they have successfully completed a cycle of university studies at master’s level in another area and have professional training of an equivalent level.
– Excellent understanding of the IT issues relating to the electronic processing of information.
– Professional experience of at least two years in areas relevant to the post to be filled.
– Previous experience in the supervision and coordination of the migration of a library management system would be an advantage.
– Ability in computer programming would also be an advantage
Candidates must have a thorough knowledge of an official language of the European Union and a good knowledge of another official language of the European Union. For operational reasons, a very good command of either English or French is required as well as knowledge of the other.
Submission of applications.
Candidates are invited to submit their applications via the EU CV Online portal using this link: https://curia.europa.eu/apply.
Deadline: 26th of february of 2018.